Bets to Make
Aside from understanding the rules of playing roulette, it is also important that you learn about the various betting approaches that you can use. Each player is given the option to place multiple bets on a single roulette spin; hence it is important to take full advantage of this.
Placing a Bet in Roulette
To place a bet in the game of roulette, each player are assigned with differently colored chips. Those chips will be used placed on or between the numbers scattered all throughout the roulette table. Your goal is to guess where the ball that the dealer has tossed on the table will stop at the end of each spin. You can also place your bet in between the numbers such that you are also splitting the bet on either numbers to the side.
Different Types of Roulette Bets
To better understand what the various types of bets are that you can place on a roulette table, make sure to learn more about them below:
- Passe - This is when you place chip number one on the final 18 numbers, meaning pockets 19 to 36.
- Pair - This is a type of bet that you place only on even numbers. There is also another type of bet that is opposite to this one, called Impair, which is placed only on odd numbers.
- Black - This type of bet refers to the placement of bets only on numbers colored black as opposed to red.
- Chip placed on the border - This type of bet will cover the numbers starting from 12 to 36, wherein the chips will value at 50% on each third.
- Left and Middle column bet - This bet will cover the two rows next to the border line, where the chip is.
- Left column bet - This type of bet will be placed on the numbers on the column that is positioned above where the chip is.
- Four Number bet - In this type of bet, one of the four bets will represent the number zero. Meaning, it will cover 0, 1, 2, and 3.
- A Quadrant Four Number bet - This type of bet also covers four numbers, which represent 5, 6, 7, and 8.
- Three Numbers Bet - This type of bet are in order, such as 25, 26, and 27.
- Numbers next to each other - This type of bet, also known as 'a cheval', refer to two consecutive numbers such as 20 and 21.
- Bet on Zero - Also called 'en plein', this type of bet is similar to any bet that is placed on a singular number.